One of the things that we love about fashion is that you don’t have to always play by the rules! Give an unconventional twist to an existing style and viola – you have a brand new trend to have fun with!
Wondering how to show off your sizzled back and sharp shoulder blades? Opt for a stylish Back Necklace! A simple yet stunning style trend, these have been worn by some of our favorite celebrities through the years on the red carpet.
Following are some of Styleprer’s favorite ways to rock the back necklace!
One of the most famous style icons the world has ever seen, the Late Princess Diana looked absolutely stunning as she wore this gorgeous pearl back necklace over her velvet gown, nearly 30 years back!
Not only did Jennifer Lawrence win the Academy Award for Best Actress in the 2013 Oscars but she also won our hearts when she paired her gorgeous strapless Dior gown with a show stopping 74-carat Chopard strand of 150 diamond beads, that she wore backwards. She also wore a pair of white gold and 12-carat diamond sleepers to complete the look.
Well clearly Jennifer Lawrence is a much bigger fan of back necklaces as she replicated her look for the 2014 Oscars Red Carpet. This time around she wore a stunning carved rock crystal, Neil Lane necklace featuring 100 carats of diamonds and priced at a whopping $2 million! She complimented her look by adding 10-carat diamond stud earrings as well.
One of the stars that carried off the backdrop necklace with an amazing edge is Cara Delevingne at the Cannes Film Festival party. This unique chimpanzee pendant by DeGrisogono features 771 black diamonds, yellow-sapphire bananas and a massive 28-carat sapphire. We love how the backdrop highlights Cara’s tattoo to another level of sexiness!
Looking radiant Kate Hudson gets it all right, as she teams up a high-neck and long-sleeve Emilio Pucci gown with a Cartier diamond-tassel necklace that swings down her plunging back. The diamonds complement the divinity of her white dress and adds a mesmerised sparkle to her look.
Cate Blanchett looks oh-so-elegant in a Van Cleef & Arpels Zip necklace, which does actually zip up and down to its diamond chain and pink sapphire tassel. The soft hue created by the rose – gold setting creates a lovely glow and definitely makes this look one of the best in back drop necklaces!
Now that we are in back necklace heaven after seeing these looks, StylePrer shares some key styling points that you should keep in mind when you drape a back necklace on that gorgeous back!
- Ensure that you wear an outfit that shows off your back and your shoulder blades. The charm of a back necklace will be lost if you don’t have a nice back scooping dress to pair it with.
- Styling your tresses appropriately while wearing a backdrop is quite important. Opt for a top bun or a high ponytail, or something that doesn’t cover your back. If you choose to leave your hair open, take it all ahead to one side, leaving your back visible for all the attention.
- Choose simple and elegant pendants or backdrops to add that extra finesse. Heavy, layered back necklaces often take away from the grace that a back necklace adds. For this particular look, we feel “less is more.”
Latest posts by StylePrer (see all)
- My Picks For Winners For The Retail Jeweller India Awards, 2017 - July 31, 2017
- Making A #Forevermark #RedCarpet #StylePrer Statement - June 30, 2017
- Jewelry Inspiration For Brunch Looks - June 28, 2017